Khojan Limited trading as Discover Boutiques Limited (which may subsequently be referred to as "Discover Boutiques", "We", or "Us ") understands privacy is extremely important and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
Automatically collected information (i.e. this information is collected automatically when you access or use the Website)
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, content visited, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and any other usage statistics.
Manually provided information
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, this may include name, age, address, postcode, email address, mobile phone number, phone number, fax number, company name and paypal email address.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters including email addresses or addresses and your chosen password / log-in details.
- transactional information between users which includes activities on the site (orders, purchasing, selling, listing, and delivery), any content you produce in relation to your account or transaction of any item. Any other user generated content including boutique description, groups, and any other information related to your profile.
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including financial information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services including subscription costs and any other outlined fees.
- any other information that you choose to send to us; including any correspondence.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. For more information about cookies generally please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and other uses. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our payment service providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies, and you may, should you choose, delete all cookies currently stored on your computer . For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- manage the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website, we can monitor usage statistics in order to see where the site can be improved;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- supply to you services purchased via the website and provide associated customer service to you;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
Where you submit personal information for publication on our Website, you are giving us permission to display it on the Website to other users of the Website. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. In certain instances (purchasing an item, asking a question) your username is also disclosed, therefore you should be aware if you use your full name, it is easier to be personally identified.
We will not use your personal information is any new ways without informing you, and only with your consent or as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998.
In the "profile" menu you have the option of using the "invite a friend" feature where your email contact list is used. In order for this feature to successfully function you must enter your email account details or individual email addresses. Due to the nature of the software, the email addresses are stored on our servers. Discover Boutiques will never use these email addresses for any marketing purpose, they are strictly used to monitor user registration using the "invite a friend" method.
You are in control of your account information and profile, and can edit/delete this information by selecting the "edit profile" button. If you choose to delete particular information it may limit the functionality you can use on the website.
We will never rent or sell to, or share your personal information with, third parties except outlined in the terms below.
We will never without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to our provider(s) of IT / Website services but only to the extent necessary for them to host, develop and support this Website.
- to the boutique providers and our provider(s) of delivery services if you order items from the boutiques so that they can deliver items that you purchase;
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
Details of our service providers referred to above are available on request.
Security of your personal information
We will take the utmost care using technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers which are based here in the UK.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website). We recommend choosing a password which is case sensitive, contains numbers and is not easy to decipher. Please do not disclose your login details or password to anyone.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee currently fixed at £10.00; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites; you use these at your own risk.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. We will correct or update any information as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can do this yourself by logging in and selecting "edit account" and changing the relevant information at any time.
145-147 St John Street
Khojan Limited is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our data protection registration number is Z2143131.